United Concordia Dentist
About the Company
- United Concordia Companies, Inc. (“UCCI”) was originally a part of Pennsylvania Blue Shield. The company was established as a wholly owned subsidiary of Highmark in 1992
- Provides dental insurance products and services in the United States
- United Concordia provides dental insurance benefits to over 26,000 companies, state and local governments, unions and associations
- More than 99,000 unique dentists at over 342,000 access points nationwide in the Alliance network
- Licensed in 50 states and operated in 23 offices
We are a United Concordia Dentist that serves Natick, Sherborn, Dover, Wellesley, Framingham, Wayland, Needham, Ashland, Holliston and Southborough.
United Concordia offers one of the largest national dental networks in the country. Our national networks offer attractive discounts and abundant access to participating dentists. And using a network dentist can maximize employee’s benefit dollars by getting more services before reaching an annual maximum. Over 97,000 Unique Dentists at 330,500 access points nationwide that ensures quality care from all network dentists.
United Concordia Dental offers Active PPO, Passive PPO and DHMO plans in a variety of funding alternatives. PPO plans let members see any licensed dentist providing a difference between in and out-of-network savings, while DHMO plans can offer cost savings with an in-network only plan.
There are three types of United Concordia dental insurance plans:
- Concordia Preferred: provides the most comprehensive dental coverage so you can offer high quality benefits to complete your health care package. The plan offers the reassurance of a traditional PPO plan. This active PPO encourages in-network utilization and offers members’ deep discounts for in-network services, already negotiated with network dentists, versus services received out-of-network.
- Concordia Flex: provides comprehensive dental coverage so you can offer quality benefits to complete your health care package. The plan offers the reassurance of a traditional PPO plan. This passive PPO offers traditional dental PPO benefits with flexible, affordable program options. Members receive the same coverage percentage for both in-network and out-of-network care. Offers the same deductibles for both in-network and out-of-network services.
- Concordia Plus: plan puts emphasis on prevention, early diagnosis and treatment and is an effective way for employers to offer a low cost, high value dental plan. Riders and Add-ons cannot be combined with this plan. Our DHMO allows employees to have care starting day one and all year with no calendar year maximums. Our DHMO works well as a dual option or as a stand-alone dental plan and allows employers to continue to provide a dental benefit, while allowing flexibly in design to minimize cost and maximize benefits.